- 2 stalks celery cut into ¼" slices
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cut into cubes
- 1 cup BC Grapes
- ¼ cup dried apricots cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. apple juice or apple cider
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast almonds in small pan with a little oil.
- In a medium size bowl combine the celery slices, apple cubes, grapes and apricots.
- Stir in mayonnaise and apple juice until well mixed.
- Season to taste. Cover, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on bed of lettuce leaves or in small salad bowls.
- Top with toasted almonds.
Try grapes on this speedy and unusual appetizer pizza. It's a big hit with the kids...they can design their own.
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated cheddar, Swiss, or Mozzarella (or a combination of these)
- oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, crushed red pepper (according to personal preference)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced turkey or ham
- 1½ cups (375 mL) halved Okanagan Coronation grapes
- In a 11-or 12-inch (23-or 30 cm) nonstick skillet, spread the grated cheese evenly over the bottom.
- Place skillet over medium heat.
- As cheese melts, sprinkle on seasonings and arrange turkey and grapes evenly.
- Fry cheese until the edges are crisp and brown.
- Remove from heat and carefully lift the cheese "pie" out of the skillet and transfer to a cutting board.
- With a chef's knife or pizza cutter, cut into small wedges and serve immediately.
Makes 16 wedges
Post Office Box 42,
Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652