Okanagan Grape Conserve
- 4 cups BC Grapes
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup seeded washed raisins
- 2⅔ cups white sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (can omit)
- Wash grapes, slice oranges thin, remove any seeds.
- Add grapes, orange slices and raisins and sugar.
- Boil over medium heat until thick.
- Add nuts. Put into hot and sterilized jars.
- Process in hot water bath 20-25 minutes after water comes to the boil.
- Very nice on toast or pancakes, waffles, etc.
BC Grape and Bran Loaf
Similar to a raisin bran muffin, but in a tasty loaf. Cinnamon can be used in place of the cardamom if preferred.
- 425 mL all purpose flour (1¾ cups)
- 175 mL brown sugar, lightly packed (¾ cup)
- 1 mL salt (¼ tsp)
- 30 mL baking powder (2 Tbsp)
- 5 mL baking soda (1 tsp)
- 5 mL cardamom (1 tsp)
- 175 mL All Bran® cereal (¾ cup)
- 250 mL BC Coronation grapes, sliced in half (1 cup)
- 1 egg 1
- 30 mL canola oil (2 Tbsp)
- 175 mL 1% milk (¾ cup)
- 5 mL vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 125 mL unsweetened applesauce (½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly mist a large loaf plan with cooking oil spray. (Or coat lightly with butter and flour.)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, cardamom and All Bran. Mix well. Stir in grapes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, vanilla and applesauce until well blended.
- Gently mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to just combine. Batter will be lumpy. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until fork inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to a cooling rack. Slice when cold. Wrap in foil.
Post Office Box 42,
Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652