Try this delicious salsa with grilled chicken, meat or fish. If you cut the fruit into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes, this salsa makes a tasty dessert.
- 1 cup (250mL) Okanagan Coronation grapes, halved
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped honeydew melon
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup (50 mL) peach nectar
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- mint leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except mint leaves.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Serve over grilled chicken, meat or fish and garnish with mint leaves.
- Makes 2½ cups (625 mL)
- 2 stalks celery cut into ¼" slices
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cut into cubes
- 1 cup BC Grapes
- ¼ cup dried apricots cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. apple juice or apple cider
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast almonds in small pan with a little oil.
- In a medium size bowl combine the celery slices, apple cubes, grapes and apricots.
- Stir in mayonnaise and apple juice until well mixed.
- Season to taste. Cover, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on bed of lettuce leaves or in small salad bowls.
- Top with toasted almonds.
Post Office Box 42,
Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652
FAX: 1 250 767 0094