- 2 cups British Columbia Grapes
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- dash British Columbia Red Wine
- Heat grapes in a non-reactive pan (or microwave) until just before boiling.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes to extract pigments from skins.
- Put through a sieve or cheesecloth to extract juice.
- Mix juice with sugar and cornstarch.
- Heat until boiling point and simmer until clear and thickened.
- Remove from heat and add wine.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Syrup can be refrigerated and rewarmed in microwave.
Morrocan Chicken with Grapes and Cous Cous
- Harissa Marinade
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 small red chilies, finely minced or 2 tsp chili paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 large chicken breasts, skinless and deboned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless and deboned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups grapes, rinsed and dried
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 14 oz chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cups couscous
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ½ small red pepper, diced
- ½ small green pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅔ cups macadamia nuts or cashews, roasted and chopped
- 1½ cups grapes, cut in half
- Process spices, chilies and garlic in a food processor until combined. Add oil, lemon juice, herbs and ½ tsp salt and process until smooth. In a mixing bowl, add the spice mixture to the chicken, grapes, white wine and brown sugar and toss until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- For the couscous, combine chicken stock, butter, spices, and juice in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous. Stir well, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to fluff grains. Stir in onions, peppers, nuts and grapes. Season to taste and mix well.
- Serve chicken with couscous and garnish with cilantro.
Post Office Box 42,
Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652