Similar to a raisin bran muffin, but in a tasty loaf. Cinnamon can be used in place of the cardamom if preferred.
- 425 mL all purpose flour (1¾ cups)
- 175 mL brown sugar, lightly packed (¾ cup)
- 1 mL salt (¼ tsp)
- 30 mL baking powder (2 Tbsp)
- 5 mL baking soda (1 tsp)
- 5 mL cardamom (1 tsp)
- 175 mL All Bran® cereal (¾ cup)
- 250 mL BC Coronation grapes, sliced in half (1 cup)
- 1 egg 1
- 30 mL canola oil (2 Tbsp)
- 175 mL 1% milk (¾ cup)
- 5 mL vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 125 mL unsweetened applesauce (½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly mist a large loaf plan with cooking oil spray. (Or coat lightly with butter and flour.)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, cardamom and All Bran. Mix well. Stir in grapes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, vanilla and applesauce until well blended.
- Gently mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to just combine. Batter will be lumpy. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until fork inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to a cooling rack. Slice when cold. Wrap in foil.
Okanagan Blue Grapes make intensely flavoured jam. If you are using seedless grapes, you don’t have to worry about the seeds and can put the stemmed grapes into a food processor whole and chop them to prepare for cooking. A three litre basket of grapes will make seven 250 mL jars of jam.
Wash and stem grapes. Press pulp from skins. Cook pulp 10 minutes and put through a sieve to remove seeds. Add skins to pulp and measure the mixture. Measure the sugar to be added later, allowing 2/3 cup to each cup of fruit. Bring skins and pulp to a boil and boil, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until skins are tender. Add sugar, bring to boil and boil to jam stage, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into hot sterilized jars. Cool slightly and seal.
If you are using seedless grapes, wash and stem grapes and put them into a blender or food processor and quickly whirl. Then measure the mixture and carry on with the rest of the recipe as described above.
Post Office Box 42,
Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652