Plum clafouti and apricot are old standards; quick, delicious, fruit-filled desserts that offer a sweet treat at the end of dinner. Now try this dessert with grapes and treat your taste-buds to an exiting new experience.
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 medium eggs (well beaten)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups BC Grapes
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Line muffin tins with paper cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the centre.
- Add buttermilk, beaten egg and melted butter. Stir until ingredients are just combined. Lightly fold in grapes.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golder brown on top. Cool in pan.
- Makes 12 muffins. The light, fluffy cake is complemented by the crisp, clean, intense grape flavour from the grapes. ENJOY!
A delicious dessert that couldn't be easier to make. Kids especially love layering fruits in fancy glasses.
- 4 cups (1000 mL) Okanagan Coronation grapes
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream, stirred
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) brown sugar
- Optional garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Add ½ cup (125 mL) of grapes to parfait or stemmed goblets and top with 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar. Repeat layers and refrigerate.
- Chill before serving.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
Post Office Box 42,
Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0
EMAIL: contact form
PHONE: 1 877 762 4652