Food Processing Skills Canada
is accepting application for the Fall 2023 term of our Student Work Placement Program (deadline Dec 31, 2023).
If you are interested in hiring a domestic, Post-Secondary Student to work in your food and beverage or related business, please apply now for the wage subsidy.
This program will reimburse:
• Up to 70% of wages (capped at $7,000) for underrepresented students (Women in STEM, First Year Students, Indigenous, Visible Minority, Newcomers to Canada within the last 5 years, People with Disabilities)
• Up to 50% of wages (capped at $5,000) if not from underrepresented category
The Eligibility checklist is attached, so you can ensure your applications for this term are for eligible student hires and our Employer Guide, outlining the program’s Net New requirements and all the benefits we offer both students and employers.
Those eligible to apply for the program are as follows:
• Food and Beverage Manufactures (all sub-sectors)
• Retail Grocery Stores
• Industrial Catering/Food Service
• Greenhouses and Farmers
• Cannabis Processors
• Food Related Associations
For more information about this program and to START YOUR FALL 2023 APPLICATIONS go to https://swpp-fpsc.com/
Please note: If you have eligible students that you have not yet submitted your applications for, applications are still open for Summer 2023 (April – August).
An added bonus when apply for SWPP with us is that we have added a suite of e-courses to assist employers and students to prepare for a successful work placement and the start of a rewarding career. This training is available at no cost.
- Employer Curriculum consists of Introduction to Emotional Intelligence, Interpersonal Relationships, Empathy at Work, Building Team Resilience, Build a Respectful Workplace, and Supervise Employee Performance.
-Student Curriculum consists of I AM FOOD – Introduction to the Canadian Food & Beverage Manufacturing Industry, Employer and Employee Expectations, Good Manufacturing Practices – GMP’s, Food Safety Culture & You, Food Spoilage & Food Safety, Sanitation Level 1, Workplace and Industrial Safety, Lock-Out Tag-Out (LOTO), and HACCP Fundamentals.
Employers also receive the student curriculum. These suites of e-courses are completely optional but a wonderful bonus if utilized.
Questions? Contact Cynthia Perry - 902-749-7161 firstname.lastname@example.org