Be prepared this wildfire season!
You are invited to the Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen’s Agriculture Wildfire Preparedness Information Exchange
Thursday June 10th, 2021 from 9am to 10:30am
Virtual Session via Zoom
Agricultural producers, farmers and ranchers in the South Okanagan and Similkameen are encouraged to join this interactive webinar session to prepare for the 2021 wildfire season.
This is an interactive session to engage with the BC Wildfire Service, the RDOS’ Emergency Program, and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries.
Discussion items will include:
- The Wildfire Seasonal Outlook for 2021 – presented by the BC Wildfire Service.
- Planned BC Wildfire Service and RDOS wildfire mitigation activities and fuel treatments.
- What happens during a wildfire emergency?
- Understanding evacuation stages and temporary access permits.
- Preparing your farm/ranch/property for a wildfire emergency.
Register on the Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen’s website:
Click on “Emergency Management -> EOC” in the left column and choose the Agriculture Wildfire Preparedness Info Exchange option that appears in the centre column.