Cellar Hand / Vineyard Technician Position
Noble Ridge Vineyard and Winery is searching for a Cellar Hand / Vineyard Technician. The position will start immediately and is on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the Vineyard Manager and Winemaker on our 22 acre estate vineyard. This role is perfectly suited for a self-starting individual that will take pride in our team success. The Cellar Hand / Vineyard Technician will play a key role in reaching our goals of producing high quality grapes and making premium wines and will have a great opportunity to grow within the company.
• Set up, operate and clean crusher/destemmer, must pump, grape press
• Clean and sanitize tanks, hoses, pumps and other equipment
• Racking, additions, punch downs and pump-overs of fermenting wine
• Monitoring ferments
• All vineyard activities such as pruning, ripping, tying, suckering, shoot thinning, canopy management, vineyard maintenance and grape harvesting.
•Minimum of one year experience in cellar and vineyard work
Able to lift 50lbs, stand for long periods of time, work outside, work in cold and wet conditions, comfortable with heights
• Motivated and punctual
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Hardworking & able to work longer hours when necessary
• Forklift experience an asset
• Tractor experience an asset
• Relevant education is a bonus, but not a requirement
Wage: $15-17 an hour
Please send a resume and cover letter to Benoit Gauthier at email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews, no phone calls please.