At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do the same.
Arterra Wines Canada Western Viticulture Department is a multi-farm operation with world class properties spanning across the South Okanagan from Osoyoos to Summerland. We have premium vineyards containing a wide range of grape varieties, soil types and growing conditions.
We are currently recruiting for a detail orientated, organized individual who is self-motivated and goal oriented to fill the position of Vineyard Supervisor based out of our Viticulture Office located in Oliver, BC. Our organization has an industry leading leadership team; a collaborative working environment full of determination and success; and a structure which offers best in class training and development to our team members.
The primary responsibilities of a Vineyard Supervisor are assisting in day to day management of vineyard operations to ensure production of the highest quality fruit in the most economic fashion. You will supervisor a team of viticulture professionals and operate a range of vineyard equipment including tractors, mowers, hedgers, fungicide/herbicide sprayers, leaf removers and mechanical harvesters.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Ensure all vineyard duties are completed in a timely and optimal manner as directed
- Work closely with other Vineyard Managers and Viticulture Technical team
- Maintain competence in key vineyard operations/management functions
- Competency training and development of all Vineyard staff
- Safe and effective operation of vineyard equipment, implements and vehicles
- Promote and ensure compliance with HR Policies & Procedures and OH&S guidelines
- Ensure all goals are achieved within required budget levels
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in Viticulture
- 3-5 Years of Hands-on Vineyard Experience
- Prior experience in a supervisory or management
- Competency in safe operation of vineyard equipment, pruning, canopy management, disease/pest control, harvesting and irrigation management.
- Familiarity working in a cross-cultural environment
- Successful experience in delivery of hands-on training for workers
- Demonstrated successful problem-solving abilities –people and technical
- Demonstrated effective communication skills –verbal and written
- Working knowledge of Word/Excel
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Please apply to the role thorugh our website: