Harvest Intern -Cellar (SEASONAL)
WORKING HERE NEVER FEELS LIKE WORK.
Quails’ Gate takes great pride in our Vines. At Quails’ Gate Winery, we believe great wine starts in great vineyards. Our passion for grape growing and our dedication to excellence has combined to make us one of the top wineries in Canada.
About Quails’ Gate: Family owned and operated since 1989, Quails’ Gate Winery is one of Canada’s foremost estate wine producers. We farm over 320 acres of vines, create award-winning culinary experiences and are dedicated to crafting outstanding quality wines. With a pioneering spirit and dedication to innovation and sustainability we have built our reputation on three pillars: providing consistent high-quality wines, delivering an exceptional visitor experience and ensuring excellence in customer service.
You are passionate about winemaking?
You bring a focused attention to detail in your work style?
You work safely, in a fast-paced environment?
You are a reliable, on time worker who does a great job, every time?
If you answered yes… then we want to talk to you!
- Previous cellar experience required
- Valid forklift license is an asset
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job; bending, twisting, reaching and lifting up to 50lbs
- A willingness to work long hours including weekends, in various conditions
- You have a great attitude and have the wiliness to continue learning
- Assisting in receiving and processing fruit, sorting, pressing etc.
- Preform punch downs, pump-overs
- Monitor fermentation Brix and temperature
- Racking juice, filling topping and stirring barrels
- Removing pomance from tank and presses
- Operation of forklift, crusher/de-stemmer, press, conveyer and pump
- Accurate record keeping
- General cleaning and sanitization of winery and winery equipment
We are currently recruiting for seasonal positions starting September 2020, harvest will go through until November 2020.
Apply here: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/QUA5000QGV/JobBoard/238c8d2f-6dca-4e6c-825d-140f5767b929/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ce3d59ec-7faa-4e60-b7e6-1c0583493d11&sourceId=cb561a86-a852-4af8-8936-2753030c0f2e