Groundwater Licensing Requirements for BC Farms & Vineyards Workhop
Wed, Aug 16
Okanagan College, Penticton Campus
Session 1 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Session 2 - 6pm - 9pm
The workshop cost is $15 per person and REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
If you use groundwater for any non-domestic purpose, the BC Government requires that you obtain a water licence. This requirement came into force on February 29, 2016 with the Water Sustainability Act. By obtaining a water licence you will have a legal right to use groundwater and enjoy greater security of access to the water for your operation.
This workshop is for you if:
· You’re a member of the BCGA or an agriculturalist in the South Okanagan/Similkameen
· You use ground water for agriculture
Benefits of attending the workshop:
· Background information and opportunity for questions & answers from government staff on how the BC water rights system affects you
· Step-by-step instruction and assistance through the online registration process – by the end of the workshop, you will have submitted your application for a water licence. Your well will be registered
· Saves you the government registration application fee – you will beat the December 31, 2017 application deadline to be exempt from application fees.
· Gives you access to government officials from the Ministries of Agriculture, Environment & Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development to answer your questions and ensure your application is correct
· Saves you time – you will avoid errors and re-submitting your application
More information at: Front Counter BC.
RDOS BCGA Okanagan College