Domaine Triboulet is a small organic vineyard located in Oyama (Lake Country). We currently grow Pinot Noir on our site that overlook Wood Lake.
We are planting this spring few high density small blocks of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Gamay Noir.
Our growing philosophy is influenced by permaculture, restorative agriculture, authenticity and the Natural wine movement. We will eventually adopt biodynamic practices when we have completed the development phase of the farm.
We are looking for 1 Full-time Vineyard Hand to start working with us late March or early April and to continue throughout the growing season.
- Installing trellis; - Installing micro-jet irrigation;
- Planting vines; - Shoot thinning;
- Suckering; - Irrigation;
- Weeding; - Shoot positioning;
- Edging; - Leaf removal;
- Mowing; - Trellis maintenance;
- Working on one of the special developments projects.
Experience, mechanical aptitude and knowledge of tractor operation would be great but are not required.
What we offer:
- A positive work environment and an open minded workplace.
- Some flexibility regarding hours.
- 40 to 72 hours of work per week.
- A place to learn and be mentored for the right candidate.
- A chance to contribute and have an impact on our little project.
The idea candidate profile:
- Has a positive attitude.
- Enjoy working hard outside and is ready to work despite the challenges posed sometimes by the weather.
- Fit enough and can work long hours when needed.
- Appreciate getting the job well done and understand the need for efficiency with some of the tasks.
- Have a can do attitude and can help finding solutions when problems arise.
- Detail oriented and understand the need to have very high standards to create a benchmark vineyard.
- A team player with excellent oral communication skills.
- Trustworthy, self motivated and a capacity to work without supervision.
If all the above applied to you and you also posses a decent sense of humour, can hold some interesting conversations and have great cooking skills then you would be the perfect candidate rather than the ideal candidate.
Own transportation, accomodation and the right to legally work in Canada.
Hourly rate will be competitive to what is paid in the industry and dependent on skills and experience.
Please apply in confidence if this position appeal to you at email@example.com . Contact person is J-M Bouchard
We will contact only selected candidate on the 27th of March. Thank you and best of luck to all other candidates.